jueves, 1 de septiembre de 2011

WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS



HE WISHES FOR THE CLOTH OF HEAVEN





     Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
     Enwrought with golden and silver light,
     The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
     Of night and light and the half-light,
     I would spread the cloths under your feet:
     But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
     I have spread my dreams under your feet;
     Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

****


     Si tuviera yo las telas bordadas del cielo

     Tramadas con luz dorada y plateada
     Las telas azules, y las tenues y las oscuras
     De la noche y de la luz y de la media luz
     Extendería las telas bajo tus pies
     Pero, siendo pobre, sólo tengo mis sueños;
     Pisa suavemente, pues pisas mis sueños.







William Butler Yeats
Poeta y dramaturgo irlandés (1865 – 1939).

Escúchelo recitado por Anthony Hopkins en el film 84 Charing Cross Road (1987)








No hay comentarios: